LEASING AND PURCHASING PROGRAMS
Solar Smart LLC is leading the industry in developing community solar gardens that are supported by local communities, together with state and federal programs. In general these projects are preferred by communities because of their smaller size. They are less intrusive than Utility scale solar systems and are developed so that the local community is provided clean power that is sold at a reduced rate through the local utility.
In the construction of these projects Solar Smart LLC offers our property partners a long-term Lease that provides the owner with a guaranteed annual income for 20 to 50 years.
- Property owner maintains ownership of the property
- Solar Smart LLC pays the owner an annual lease payment per year per megawatt of energy production
- Solar Smart LLC pays all the additional property taxes for 20 years
- Solar Smart LLC pays all the expenses associated with the operation and maintenance of the system
Under the Solar Smart program the owner retains control of the property and has full ownership at all times.
Solar Smart LLC enters into a lease arrangement that allows the construction of a 1 MW solar garden on the property (normally about 6+ acres) and then, once constructed, Solar Smart LLC maintains that system for the duration of the lease term.
Selected properties must meet the following guidelines:
- Property consists of at least 6+ usable acres for solar development
- Land should be free of any wetland or habitat issues
- Property is shade free, fairly level and (ideally) consists of fields
- Owner is interested in a 20 year lease at a premium rate
- Close to available three phase power
Interested in finding out if your property qualifies?
We look forward to the opportunity to answer your questions and address any of your concerns.
SOLAR DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Built on Experience, Knowledge and Quality.
Solar Smart’s track record for delivering high quality project assets to investors has been built by providing the following services:
- Optimum Site Selection
- Low cost of construction
- Professional and knowledgable Solar Assessment
- Environmental review (wetland and habitat)
- Permitting evaluation
- Site preparation cost
- Design solar system layout
- Executing long term lease or property purchase
- Civil engineering and preparation of plot plan
- Interconnection application
- Utility connection report and recommendation
- Confirmation of line capacity